F66706 Sierra 1.6-Quart Cast Iron Meat Fondue Set, 11-Piece, Deep Blue
- 11-piece sierra meat fondue set includes 1.6-quart pot with handles, 6 color-tipped forks, splatter ring, rechaud, paste/gel fuel burner, and grooved wooden base
- Enameled cast iron for superior heat distribution and retention at both low and high temperatures
- Bright color for fun presentation; wooden base keeps table cool with cozy, inviting style
- Easy recipes included; also heats cheese, soups, dips, and more
- Measures 8-1/4-inch high by 8-inch in diameter; pot measures 6-3/4-inch
Having graduated well beyond the 1960s culinary craze, fondue cooking remains a creative way to gather friends at the table for a deliciously entertaining experience. Swissmar's Sierra 11-piece meat fondue set specializes in heating oil or broth to an even, consistent temperature for dipping bite-sized dinner treats such as beef, chicken, seafood, or pork. Crafted of enameled cast iron, the wide, straight-sided pot holds a generous 1.6 quarts of liquid and can be preheated on a stovetop or warmed directly over the fondue flame. Cast iron is an ideal choice for meat cooking, as it works well at both low and high temperatures and, though it takes a few minutes to heat up, provides excellent heat distribution and retention. The matching rechaud stands on three sturdy legs with high arches between to easily access the paste/gel fuel burner. Below, a handsome light wood base is carved with a groove to securely hold the entire fondue set while protecting tabletops from heat and drips.When the liquid inside is bubbling nicely, it's time to dig in. For safe, cool handling, there are two wide handles as well as a removable splatter guard that fits snugly on the pot with slots for the six forks. Diners choose a color on the tip of each fork so it's easy to identify and store even when there's much dipping and stirring (not to mention talking and laughing!). For multipurpose usage, simply remove the splatter guard and lower the heat to melt cheese, or use the pot as a warmer for appetizers, buffet items, chilis, or soups. Available in an array of bright colors including red, blue, white, and orange, this fondue set has a cheerful presence that suits its inviting, communal purpose. Assembled, the set measures 8-1/4 inches high by 8 inches in diameter, and wide handles assist in transporting the 6-3/4-inch pot. Easy recipes are included to get the party started.